Policies at The Charlotte School of Ballet
The registration fee and tuition payments 1 & 10 are due upon the registration of each student.
Enrollment in the Charlotte School of Ballet year begins July/August every summer. Registration papers are to be brought into the business office. Class Placment meetings may need to be set for new students. Students will be charged for classes as registered whether or not classes have been attended until a Registration Change form is submitted to the business office. All withdrawals require a Registration Change form to be submitted 30 days prior to withdrawals.
- Students are required to be properly dressed for all classes. Failure to comply with the dress code may result in having to sit out of class.
- Student’s name should be in all leotards, tights and shoes.
- Street clothes should be worn over ballet attire when coming to and from class. Dance shoes should never be worn outside as this brings dirt onto the dance floor as well as wearing out shoes quicker.
- All female ballet students are required to wear the appropriate leotard for the class level, ballet pink tights and pink ballet shoes. Hair should be neatly tied back into a bun. Short hair can be pulled back off the face with a headband. Please provide your child with the necessary items to put hair up.
- No Ballet skirts above the primary level except by permission of teacher. Only approved CBS skirts may been worn at any time.
- The Royal Academy of Dance syllabus includes character work which requires a black character skirts and black character shoes.
- This applies to students in Grade I and above.
- Tap students: black tap shoes, a solid color leotard and black jazz pants.
- Jazz students: black jazz shoes, black jazz pants and a solid color leotard.
- Modern students uniform is a solid color leotard and black stirup tights.
- Boys wear navy or black shorts, white t shirt and socks, black shoes.
Please respect the traditions and art of dance and follow the dress codes. Official uniform leotards, tights and shoes can be purchased in The Ballet Boutique.
Make Up Classes
Parent Teacher Communication
The studio newsletter To The Pointe is distributed several times a year to inform you of upcoming events. Most communication is through email. Please make sure we have a current email for you. If you are not receiving emails please contact the business office. Notices will be posted on the bulletin board beside the office. Please check frequently.Charlotte School of Ballet
The Charlotte School of Ballet is a very active studio. We need your help! We are the home studio for The Charlotte Youth Ballet, the host studio for examinations of The Royal Academy of Dance, London England as well as for the Cecchetti Council of America. Additionally dancers attend the North Carolina School of the Arts Dance Festival in Winston Salem each year in late Febuary.
There is an extensive costume collection which frequently needs organizing and often costumes are in need of repairs. If you would like to help us we would greatly appreciate your assistance.
Starting in the fall sign-ups for class moms will start. The volunteer will be in communication with the business office and instructors for not only disseminating vital information but also communicating concerns as the season progresses. The position requires minimum time but helps our parents and staff to remain informed.
Costume and Recital Fees
Performance fees due October 1st are as follows:
$ 85.00 per student $160.00 per family
Performance fees and costume deposits are non-refundable. Costumes will not be distributed until all fees for the year are paid in full. Costumes cannot be returned.